Thank you for your interest in scheduling your wedding at St. Louis Church or working with us in preparation for your wedding in another Catholic Church. We look forward to working with you for the Sacrament of Marriage!
Marriage preparation is a two-part process:
- Meeting with clergy to begin a marriage file. Sessions with clergy may range from one to four appointments. The file is important because it will contain a pre-nuptial questionnaire, sacramental records, dispensation if necessary, Affidavits of Free Status, and certificates of your participation in a marriage program. Clergy will also determine your freedom to marry based on prior marriages.
- Attending a Catholic marriage prep program either in the parish or diocese. One in the Lord is our marriage preparation program for engaged couples. It is offered several times a year. This dynamic series provides tools, skills and proper preparation for couples, as they prepare for the Sacrament of Matrimony in the Catholic Church. Sessions include lively speakers presenting topics such as: Communication, Spirituality, Family Life and Fertility, Readiness, and much more! Couples have the opportunity to spend time discussing the topics within the context of their own relationship.
Engaged couples should contact the parish office at least six months prior to the date they wish to be married.
Getting Married at St. Louis?
If you plan to have your wedding at St. Louis, we have created a checklist for you to follow!
- Fill out the Marriage Information Form below.
- Attend One in the Lord marriage preparation series together. Download registration form and return to the church office with fee.
- Complete the FOCCUS or PREPARE self-assessment. To set this up, contact email@example.com.
- Pray together as a couple during the engagement. Remember you are not just preparing for the wedding but for a life-long marriage.
Marriage Information Form
The first step in Marriage Preparation is to fill out this form. Once you have submitted a form, please allow 1 to 2 business days for a response. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org