The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the parish (St. Louis King of France Catholic Church and School – Austin, Texas) which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ’s mission present and enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them his mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at St. Louis King of France Catholic Church and School – Austin, Texas help to extend the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
The Receptionist/Resource Clerk provides resource support to the Lifelong Christian Formation Department Directors and catechists, and greets/assists visitors. Duties include reception and project-based work. Must project a positive, professional, and friendly image through in-person and telephone interaction. The position reports to the Director of Religious Education.
- Greet visitors, determine nature of business, and respond appropriately.
- Professionally answer the telephone, and give information to callers or route calls to the appropriate person.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, equipment, books, resource and reference materials labeling each.
- Assist with formal registration for classes and walk-in registrations.
- Order texts for all programs.
- Handle returns and follow up with vendors/retailers.
- Produce labels for cubbies and supply boxes.
- Assist catechists with supplies.
- Handle maintenance of office equipment with repair technicians.
- Make copies of printed material using photocopier.
- Stamp, sort and distribute mail.
- Run errands, such as taking outgoing mail to Post Office, purchasing office/event supplies, etc.
- Gather materials needed for events per directors.
- Check and replenish supplies for religious education Programs.
- Clean and maintain storage closets.
- Assist with religious education social activities, appreciation dinner, commissioning, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned by Director of Religious Education.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional Saturday and overtime hours:
4 pm - 8 pm Monday and Wednesday
3 pm - 7 pm Tuesday and Thursday
12 noon - 5 pm Sundays
Position Requirements and Details
- This is a part-time, nonexempt position.
- Must be bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
Please send or e-mail application, cover letter and resume to:
7601 Burnet Road