About Senior Ministry
The ability to recreate gives people the chance to re-create themselves at this stage of their lives. Laughter, fun, humor, and play are all vital ingredients for our well-being as we get older.
"Is not wisdom found among the aged?
Does not long life bring understanding?" - Job 12:12
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor;
it is attained in the way of righteousness." - Proverbs 16:31
- Spiritual enrichment, nutrition (wellness), recreation and service
Emotional and Mental Growth
- Trips: movies and lunch
- Guest Speakers: Funeral Pre-Planning, Life of a Seminarian, Do You Have a Medical Power Attorney or Living Will, Drive-a-Senior, Professional Caretakers, Tai Chi Instructor
- Entertainment: Movies, musical groups
- Friendship Group: Cards, dominoes, Bingo, pool, birthday celebrations, potlucks
- Senior Appreciation Day: Special senior recognition day
- Presentations: Medicare changes, cardiologist/diet, Alzheimer-dementia—tests, Purchasing medical equipment
- Senior Ministry also serves as a Resource and Referral Center (housing, medical supplies, medical equipment repair, home care after hospital stay, and elder abuse).
We constantly look for new, meaningful ways to involve our seniors, so please share your ideas with us!
Senior Ministry News
A newly formed group for folks 55 years of age and above, will meet on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in Wozniak Hall. There will be a guest speaker and potluck luncheon at each meeting.
|Wednesday, March 15||"Do You Have a Medical Power Attorney or a Living Will?" Presented by Law Office of Todd Wilson|
|Wednesday, April 19||Drive a Senior with Pam Roberts|
|Wednesday, April 27||Spring outing Movies and Lunch***|
|Wednesday, May 17||Sister Ann Pennington "Blessed are the Care Takers"|
|Wednesday, June 21||Tai Chi with Stewart Yaros|
All seniors are welcome to join the Friendship Circle. We have a variety of games and snacks available. Please join us!
|Wednesday, March 22||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||Wozniak Hall, Rm 1|
|Wednesday, March 29||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||Wozniak Hall, Rm 1|
Save the Date!
Our annual Senior Luncheon will be November 10, 2018, 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Entertainment from the Backtrax Band. More information to come!